The Darwin Waterfront by far is the hip and happening place for fun and entertainment in the Darwin CBD, with its array of cafes, restaurants and of course, the wave pool. With loads of parking in the adjacent multi-storey carpark, this place is a hit with locals and visitors alike on weekends and weekdays.
Weekends are when things really come to life at the Darwin Waterfront, and here are some great upcoming events worth checking out:
- Sundays Live at the Lagoon: Kicking up from 12 noon until 4pm, this free live local music event draws a crowd every time. Enjoy a picnic on the laws and just kick back and relax! Family friendly, and there’s something for all ages and music tastes.
- Salon des Refuses (Darwin Festival): Open Mondays to Sunday from 12 noon until 6pm Friday 7th – Sun 23rd August, this is a fascinating exhibition bought to you by Paul Johnstone Gallery and Matt Ward of Outstation, and featuring works rejected by the jury of official awards. An amazing exhibition of contemporary Indigenous art.
- Aqua Zumba Fitness Class: It’s on Sunday 23rd August from 9am. Adults are $12 and children under 15 years are $8. The price also includes all day wave pool entry until 6pm.
- Movie Under the Stars: On Saturday 29th August, Planes (rated G) will screen on the Waterfront lawn. A free event for all the family! It is recommended to arrive by 6.30pm to secure a good spot on the lawn. No alcohol or glass will be permitted.
- Free Beginners Tai Chi: It’s held every Saturday morning from 7am on the Waterfront lawn, so discover a fabulous way to relax and unwind.
For more great events that are coming up at the Darwin Waterfront, visit http://www.waterfront.nt.gov.au/events/.