Convenient suburban living, just a stone’s throw from Darwin’s central business district, Parap is a favourite choice when it comes to choosing a Darwin suburb to live in and call home. Although at the higher end of the market when it comes to sales prices, Parap offers loads of fabulous rental options and all the convenience of this relaxed, inner city suburb.
Since its establishment in 1912, Parap has come a long way and is now a sought-after and much loved suburb of Darwin. So here are a few reasons why renting in Parap is a great idea:
- It has a village-like and relaxed shopping precinct: Home of the Parap Village Market which is one of Darwin’s oldest markets, the shopping precinct in Parap is very much a village, offering an array of dining and food options.
- There are plenty of great places for quality food and great coffee: From Q Bar on Salonika Street, through to the iconic Laneway Specialty Coffee! Parap boasts an array of excellent cafes and restaurants.
- Parap has its own public pool: An essential place to visit year-round if the property you rent doesn’t have its own pool!
- It is close to schools: For families, it’s always high on the priority list that a home be located in close proximity to schools. Parap has its own primary school, and is only a short drive from neighbouring primary and secondary schools.
- Historic and picturesque East Point is only a few minutes’ away...and so is Mindil Beach: East Point and Mindil Beach are havens of excitement on weekends, particularly if you enjoy the markets and getting out and about outdoors. From stand up paddle boarding and kayaking at Lake Alexander, or just taking a leisurely walk along the foreshore at Fannie Bay, Parap’s location is literally next door to all of this!
- The city is a hop, skip and a jump away: Parap is a great choice for those living and working in the Darwin CBD, which is only five minutes’ drive from the suburb. That also means you’re never far away from the activities at the Darwin Waterfront.
As you can see, Parap offers you so much of all the good things everybody loves Darwin for! It’s worth checking out, so drop into our office here at Ray White Bayside real estate or give us a call to find out more about the rental properties currently available for rent here!