Sunday 6th September is Father’s Day, and if you’ve not yet decided on what to do to make your Dad’s day special, that’s okay! Living in a fantastic place like Darwin, there’s heaps of great ideas that will really please Dad! So if you’re surprising your own Dad or your partner, here are some of our recommendations here at Ray White Bayside real estate:
• Barbeque by the water: East Point is a fabulous place for a barbeque, offering you fabulous views and even a really good fishing spot if Dad likes to indulge by wetting a line! Don’t forget to cook Dad his favourite piece of meat and remember to bring a few of his favourite bevvies as well! You can also swim at Lake Alexander or use a stand up paddleboard if you prefer!
• Cafe or restaurant lunch at the Waterfront: Darwin Waterfront is awesome and there’s plenty to choose from for food! Best to book a table for this day though, as others will have the same idea. You can also enjoy a dip in the Wave Pool or swimming lagoon.
• Movies at Deckchair Cinema: Screening every night, why not check out the line up on Father’s Day? Bring your own food or buy at the venue! Drinks are also available at the bar.
• Fishing Charter: You’ll be hard pressed finding a Dad who doesn’t love fishing, so a fishing charter might just be the key to a great Father’s Day! There are plenty of companies to choose from in Darwin, so get in now!
• Fish and Chips at Nightcliff: Jetty and the Fish will be at the Nightcliff Foreshore on Father’s Day, so be sure to check it out if that’s something Dad would enjoy!
• Mindil Beach Markets: Well worth checking out, particularly if Dad loves to sample tasty cuisine from all over the world!
• Breakfast made by the kids: Great idea for Dads with little kids! You can’t go wrong with a big brekky of bacon, eggs, mushrooms, sausages and tomatoes! Add toast or a croissant!
• Casino: If Dad enjoys the Casino and the kids are over the age of 18, why not enjoy a night at the Casino or perhaps lunch? Plenty of great options are available to consider at SKYCITY Darwin, so check out what’s on!
And if you really want to give Dad socks for his big day, ask yourself: is he really going to wear them? I mean, it’s Darwin after all. City of endless summer and varying levels of humidity. We’ve got it good here, so instead of socks, we recommend as good alternatives:
• A Darwin Stubbie
• A Paul’s Iced Coffee with a classy pair of thongs (not just one or the other!)
Well she is the world’s largest and most luxurious cruise liners, and on Saturday 17th March, you’ll have the opportunity to witness her majesty for yourself. We’re talking here about none other than the Queen Mary 2, and she’ll be docking at Darwin’s Fort Hill Wharf West Berth at 7.15am. … Read more
Yes! St Patrick’s Day is fast approaching and there’s one place you absolutely need to be, if you want to do as the Irish do and eat, drink and be merry! SKYCITY is where it’s going to be happening on Friday 16th – Saturday 17th March. The event is appropriately … Read more