Now what better way to spend a Saturday than by enjoying a sleep in, maybe a late lunch and checking out one of our fabulous markets later in the day?! Living in Darwin, we certainly are spoilt for choice when it comes to weekend markets, and if you thought it was impossible to find a market that is on later in the day (aside from the Mindil Sunset Markets), then you’ll be pleased to know that the Malak Marketplace Organic Farmers’ Market kicks off every Saturday from 30th April until the 29th October 2016, from 5pm right up until 9pm!
Located at Chambers Crescent in Malak, the Malak Marketplace is a farmer’s market which prides itself on the best organic fruit and vegetables. In keeping in line with the organic and healthy theme, there are an array of organic food stalls, as well as traditional arts and crafts, a pop-up flea market and plenty of entertainment to really make for a friendly and vibrant atmosphere.
There are approximately 70 stallholders who make this market such a success and there quite literally is something for everybody. The farm literally is bought to you, and you’ll have the opportunity to meet the growers behind quality, locally-produced, organic and farm-fresh produce.
Here are some other exciting things you’ll find at the Malak Marketplace Organic Farmers’ Market:
• Food stalls: offering a plethora of delicious, organic meals, snacks and taste sensations!
• Arts & crafts: there’s a bit of everything, and even more of what you could never imagine!
• Pop-Up Flea Market: something new every week and it includes furniture, pre-loved clothing – even antiques!
• Health & Education: learn all about clean eating and get involved in a cooking class!
• Entertainment: fantastic live and local music, as well as kids’ entertainment!
You’ve never had so much fun being so healthy, so be sure to check it out! You can learn more about these exciting markets by visiting: http://www.malakmarketplace.org.au/.